On behalf of the NFIB/California team, I want to wish you and yours a very Happy New Year!
We are grateful to have the opportunity to serve you and your small business. As we look ahead, rest assured that NFIB is the only organization fighting for you here in California and across the nation. Thanks to your support, NFIB achieved some remarkable victories for small business in 2012:
- Historic regulatory and workers’ comp reforms
- Small business-friendly candidates elected to the State Legislature and Congress
- In November, 31 of the 44 small business-friendly candidates for the State Legislature endorsed by NFIB won and 14 of the 24 small business candidates for Congress won
- NFIB led efforts to defeat higher taxes and union/corporate influence – when no other business group would.
- California’s voice became stronger with the addition 2,000 new members (11.33% growth)!
But there is much work to be done. Now that liberals have a supermajority in the California Legislature, they believe they can impose whatever policy they wish. Some things they are already proposing include:
- Raising the car tax
- Raising property taxes on commercial property owners (whether you own or lease)
- Heaping new environmental and labor regulations on small business owners
- Massive new taxes, mandates and reporting requirements through ObamaCare
- State agencies and departments shaking down small businesses for fines and penalties
- Plaintiff’s attorneys manipulating the legal system with frivolous lawsuits
Even in the face of these challenges, we are committed to giving you the ability to meet with legislators, share your questions and concerns, and network with NFIB/California’s small business owner members. Please plan to attend the following up-coming signature events in Sacramento:
Wednesday, January 30 - Annual Legislative Welcome Reception | Click here to RSVP
Tuesday, April 23 - 5th Annual Day at the Capitol | Click here to RSVP
NFIB has been growing in relevance, profile and membership, but we cannot do it alone. We need the involvement and voice of members like you to help us with ideas and momentum.Let me know what’s on your mind. We believe we’re making incredible, historic, strides on your behalf, but we can always do better. Contact me directly at (916) 956-9027 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you again for how far you’ve brought our organization. I look forward to getting to know you and your small business better in the months and year ahead.